Welcome to Coach William's Clipboard! I’m glad you’ve stopped by again, or maybe for your first time to visit! After you’ve read the article, please share it with friends and post it on any of your social media sites as well – especially Facebook!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Top Nine Ways to Improve Your Golf Score





“Golf is a lot like life. When you make a decision, stick with it.” Byron Nelson

“You swing

your best

when you have

the fewest things

to think about.”

Bobby Jones














So if the problem is between the ears and the solution is between the ears, how does a Golfer go about fixing it?
.
Here’s step # 1 – change Your thought patterns! One of the first things a Golfer says to me when they call is “My problem with my Golf game is . . .” It should be “THE problem with my Golf game is . . .”
.
I teach my athletes, whether they come to my Sports Hypnosis / NLP office in Dallas / Fort Worth or pay me to travel to them, to OWN the SOLUTION, NOT the PROBLEM! Instead of “I HAVE the YIPS” it should be “I’m experiencing THE YIPS”. Get rid of ownership of what You don’t want to have!


9 -- DO find a good Golf Pro / Instructor/ Mental Coach and follow and use His / Her advice / instruction.



8 -- STOP being concerned about what Your Golf Buddies are thinking about Your game. Focus on Your swing, Your Golf and let them think about Their Golf Game



7 -- If You execute a bad shot, review it once in Your mind to see what You could have done better. Then replay it in Your mind as You would have liked the shot to be. Do this while walking to the next hole – NOT while making Your next swing.



6. . . . 5 . . . 4. . . 3. . . 2 . . .1. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comments.

Coach William C. Smith