Welcome to Coach William's Clipboard! I’m glad you’ve stopped by again, or maybe for your first time to visit! After you’ve read the article, please share it with friends and post it on any of your social media sites as well – especially Facebook!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Memories from the Tomatoes in my Grandfather's Garden.

“No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth,
and no culture comparable to that of the garden.”
Thomas Jefferson

.
One of the things I tell my clients and students is that all Hypnosis is Self Hypnosis. And Hypnosis is simply being receptive to a suggestion. The suggestion could be from an outside source, or a memory, or a combination of both.
.
And you just never know when a suggestion will enter your mind and take you into a state of Self Hypnosis.


For example, yesterday I bought some cherry tomatoes. I was hoping they would taste as good as the ones I used to eat in my Grandfather's garden.
.
When I got home and put away the rest of the groceries, there were the tomatoes, just waiting for me on the counter.
.
I opened the carton and took one out, washed it thoroughly, got a little bit of salt on the end of it, and bit into it. And then it happened! I was back in my Grandfather's garden, four or five years old, walking through the rows of peas, beans, onions, corn, and okra plants and the plum and peach trees, and of course the tomato plants. I could feel the sunshine, smell the freshness of the air - it was a lot fresher then - and feel the dirt underneath my bare feet.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comments.

Coach William C. Smith