Welcome to Coach William's Clipboard! I’m glad you’ve stopped by again, or maybe for your first time to visit! After you’ve read the article, please share it with friends and post it on any of your social media sites as well – especially Facebook!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

USING the “I AM” Self Hypnosis Technique








Today we’re going to talk about how powerful the two simple little words “I am” really are.

“Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” - John Lennon

You will probably be very surprised after you do the exercise included in the article that you’ll discover some things about yourself. As you probably know, I’m a Board Certified Hypnotist and also an Alpha Process Coach.





This is an exercise I do sometimes with my clients to help them better understand that the best way to find the solution the problem they come to me with is not “why” they have the problem, but rather “how” the words they may be using are possibly sabotaging their efforts to make changes.

Before we even get started with this article, you’ve got an assignment.

Get out a piece of paper and something to write with. You’re going to finish some sentences with the FIRST thoughts that come to your head You’re going to read the sentence and then write FIVE (at least, more is OK) endings.

DO NOT take more than three seconds (OK five at the most) to fill in each blank.

Now, finish the sentence with words that describe you. 
Do at least FIVE.
I am __________________________
I am __________________________
I am __________________________
I am __________________________
I am __________________________

Now, do the same thing with this sentence:
I am feeling__________________________
I am feeling__________________________
I am feeling__________________________
I am feeling__________________________
I am feeling__________________________

And now for this sentence:
I am always__________________________
I am always__________________________
I am always__________________________
I am always__________________________
I am always__________________________

And how about this one?
I am never__________________________
I am never__________________________
I am never__________________________
I am never__________________________
I am never__________________________

DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU’VE DONE THE EXERCISE ABOVE. If you haven't done this exercise, STOP reading and do them. NOW!
You’ve got time!

You’re worth taking a few minutes to learn a technique that will help replace those sabotage thoughts you’ve been bothered with for a while with thoughts that will help you SUCCEED!

Aren’t you?

And besides, no one else needs to see what you wrote, unless you want to show them.

OK, now that you’ve done them, let’s go back and look at what you wrote. You DID do the exercise.  Didn’t you?

If not, go back and do them, otherwise we’re both wasting our time here.Well, I’m not since I wrote this for my newsletter and use it with my clients, I’ve already gotten some value from this.

 
To read more go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comments.

Coach William C. Smith